Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Summer trees on the island

I photographed this in with shade so there are some darker spots and my cat stepped on it.But..... I did this sitting under a tree at Sauvie Island late in the summer afternoon light. It's cooler then and i don't have to endure the heat beating down on me. It's a small 9 by 12 inch on Kitty wallis. It was very much fun . I tend to like trees. I know now it's popular at this point in time to do buildings and streets of Portland but I really like being out with the trees. thx for looking. :-)

1 comment:

mark norseth said...

Really nice Susan. You may discover that early morning and late afternoon are generally the best times to paint outdoors anyway. I'm off to do the same right now, it's 7:30 AM here and I want to catch the shadows and beat the heat.