Thursday, August 30, 2012

I went trudging around Sauvie Island while everyone else is doing city scapes. It was morning when I started but then it started to get a little warm. I pulled out my palette knife and oils and opened a can of worms. There are so many artists that have an illustrative handle on their oils and are doing so well. Meanwhile there's me that's still laboring where to put the holes in the trees. I don't think I want to pick up the usual tricks of some plein air artists. I would rather do something horrible of my own. This could take awhile . Hopefully God will have mercy on me and give me some insight as to how he did it all but oh well it is fun. You know . I have one of those Gorilla boxes your suppose to use but I much rather prefer my rickety old wooden easel. Is there hope for me I wonder.Well I do like this little spot while the weather is decent I might try and take my pastels there and try them.

No comments: