Tuesday, October 20, 2009

trojan park

Today I met up with the paint out group. They went near a boat ramp . I watched Brenda Boylan , Mary McCoy, and Gretha Linwood work on their pieces. Brenda had such a good system down that she was done in about 90 minutes. I learned quit a bit. Basically they get the shapes down first and few details in the end. I hope i can learn this approach soon. I think it would be good just for even studies when I go out with my sketchbook. I tried it later but got very depressed and discouraged. I left down in the mouth. No fault of them but was sad that I didn't know that approach. They say that's what don bishop does also. I would like to see him paint. I really like his paintings.
  Later I went to Trojan Park and did a sketch of a tree and then started a piece of a autumn tree that is an awesome Yellow. I only hope I can make a decent picture. The colors at the park this time of year are just unbelievable. 

1 comment:

Celeste Bergin said...

Hey Susan..all artists who paint outdoors get discouraged. But ..I think you should be be pleased with your result here. There is certainly much more in your painting here to feel positive about than negative. I hope you will come out and paint with us in the future! Good to meet you today. :)