Thursday, August 13, 2009

getting hooked up with Columbia county paint out group


I just discovered that Columbia county has a paint out group. I'm trying to join their guild and go to paint outs with them and also get together with the Portland Paint out group.  

last week I was going to Crabapple creek preserve that is being redirected by Greenpeace. Mostly i was trying to think of shapes and composition. It was warm. I learn something with every piece. I'm searching where I should go next. summer is short. I have to get an umbrella that hooks onto my easel . i have one you stick in the ground but sometimes the ground is too hard to stick into so that doesn't work unless your standing in sand or mud. So the umbrella will be my next purchase. 
Scappoose is having a car show this weekend near the farmers market but I'm going to Salem to turn in my pieces for the state fair. At least I hope . I might be at the market for a little bit. i will have a few prints there and my tent mate will be there selling her photos. Laura Hamel. She has some neat photos of local stuff and is getting better all the time. I like her old time photos. She is thinking of expanding . 

No comments: