Sunday, November 8, 2009

October trees

Here we are again. this is a 9 by 12 and I am happy that it is smaller than my other things. Most of the painters in the group have been there several years so it's easy to get frustrated and impatient with myself. i am learning all the time which is what is so fascinating about plein air. I think some of us are so hooked on going outside and being with nature we are getting more tolerate of the rain and the cold and the clouds. I know I am accepting the cloudy gray skies better now.  At first i just wanted to go out when it was sunny and warm and cozy. Now it's what can i get on the paper this time. What color will I find? who cares about the clouds. I agreee with Brenda Boylan I don't like frozen fingers but i don't have to wait for the sun all the time. 

2 comments:

Celeste Bergin said...

This is an exceptional painting, Susan! Totally first rate....five out of five stars.

Angie said...

I like this painting. I can see myself sitting underneath that tree. Beautiful!